Cutera LimeLight is an intense pulse light treatment, also known as IPL photo facial or photo-rejuvenation. Limelight is a unique technology that we use at Complete Laser for Photo rejuvenation to create visible improvement in the health and appearance of damaged or aging skin. We do not use our ILP for any hair removal treatments at the clinic.
In just a few Limelight treatments, you’ll see visible improvements when it comes to:
Fine lines and wrinkles
Rosacea and facial redness
Acne and acne scars
How Does Photo Rejuvenation Work?
Limelight delivers intense pulses of light energy into the deep layers of the skin, causing the blood vessels and collagen below the epidermis to constrict, reducing redness and wrinkles. The light is also absorbed by the pigmented cells. The pigment breaks down into smaller particles, before rising up to the surface of the skin, where it then looks like coffee grounds. Within 5-7 days, it will flake away as part of the body’s natural healing process.
What does this treatment feel like?
The treatment may cause a slight tingling sensation when the light pulses on the skin. Cooling gel is applied to provide comfort. The entire process is non-invasive and produces excellent, consistent results. Limelight photo-facial is only recommended for lighter skin types and non-tanned skin.
What does photo aging mean?
Photo aging is the result of sun exposure prematurely damaging the health and appearance of your skin. UVA and UVB damage causes sun spots, discoloration, wrinkles, and many other negative effects on the skin.
Who shouldnt get Limelight Facial?
While Limelight is ideal for many clients, there are a few instances where it would not be the best treatment for you. Avoid photofacials if you have any of the following:
● Use of Acutane
● Cold sores (pre-treatment with antiviral is required)
● Keloid scarring
● Increased skin pigmentation when healing
● Dark skin tones
● Dark tan
● Skin cancer lesions
● Extreme sensitivity to light
● Pregnancy and breast feeding
Do I require a consultation before a treatment?
Before we perform any treatments at the clinic our licensed technicians will go over a full consultation to better understand all your concerns and to prepare you for your treatment. A consultation can be done on the same day before your treatment.
What do I need to know before a limelight treatment?
Please try to ensure you follow these rules before you come for your Limelight facial:
● No tanning 4 weeks before Limelight IPL photo facial. You cannot have a tan when you receive this treatment.
● Stop the use of all Retin-A and Glycolic acid products 1 week before your treatment.
● If possible, come to your appointment without make-up.
● Even though there isn’t any downtime, we recommend not planning major events for 2-3 days after your first treatment to see how your skin reacts.
What should I expect after a treatment?
Immediately following treatment, your skin may appear slightly red and swollen. This may last a few hours to possibly a day or longer. Make-up can be applied to cover the redness. If you experience significant redness and swelling afterwards, apply a cold compress every 15 minutes. You can take Tylenol for discomfort. The brown spots will start to darken and scab, and your skin texture begins to look coarser, similar to coffee grounds. Within 5-7 days, the coarse skin will slough off and reveal a healthy, new, rejuvenated complexion. Avoid the sun or direct light for the first 2 weeks after the treatment.
What is the after care after treatment?
For the first week after treatment:
● Avoid hot water on the treated area.
● Keep the area hydrated and protected with 30+ SPF sunscreen.
● Stay out of direct sunlight, especially for the first 48 hours after your treatment to minimize the risk of hyper-pigmentation of the skin. Sun exposure may lead to the production of blotchy dark pigmentation which may take several months to fade.
● Avoid skin care products such as retinol, skin scrubs, exfoliants, and AHA/BHA acid products for the first week after Limelight IPL treatment.
● Do not use saunas or steam rooms, or take hot showers, or baths.
● Avoid strenuous exercising for 24-72 hours.
● Keep clothing from rubbing the treated area.
● Avoid getting hairspray on the treated area.
● Resume regular skincare 7 days post-treatment.
How long do the results last?
With the use of proper medical grade skincare and physical sunscreen, the effects of Limelight Photo Rejuvenation last for several years. With time and natural aging, it is recommended to get one maintenance treatment at least once a year to maintain results and restore your appearance in only one treatment.
Prices: (Per Treatment)
Full Face $250
Face & Neck $325
Face & Decollete $400 Add Neck Area $75